In line with the Korean government’s policy which now requires foreign students to subscribe to the National Health Insurance System, below is a guide to inform us what we need to know about the NHIS.
Also, here are some of the salient points from this guide:
- Starting March 1, 2021, all foreign students already in Korea will be automatically signed up for the NHIS.
- The insurance premium will be: KRW 43,490 (gradually increasing year on year)
- In case of first entry, the date of application will be on the date of alien registration.
- In case of re-entry, the date of application will be on the date of re-entry.
- D4 visa holders will be applied six months after the entry date.
For more information, please refer to the materials posted below.